As Lenovo gears up for CES 2023, the company has announced details of some of its PC lineup early on. This includes the revised ThinkPad X1 Carbon (now on the 11th generation), the new IdeaPad (both Pro and Slim versions), the new 8th generation Chromebook and the sleek new consumer tablet.
ThinkPad in 2023
As mentioned earlier, the ThinkPad X1 series has reached its 11th generation, and its siblings the X1 Nano and Yoga have been bumped to 3rd and 8th generation respectively. All models are equipped with the latest Intel Core processors. This should be the 13th generation with Intel vPro support.
Customers can configure the device with up to 64 GB of LPDDR5 memory and 2 TB of Gen 4 PCIe NVMe storage.
The ports haven’t changed since last year, and Lenovo is equipping the X1 Carbon with a 57 Whr battery this year. That should give you about 7-8 hours of moderate to heavy use and up to 11 hours of light use on a single charge.
The ThinkPad’s chassis still retains its previous shape, but Lenovo built this lineup using a 90% recycled magnesium hybrid for the palm rest and bottom cover, and post-consumer content (PCC) plastic in other areas. succeeded in doing
Lenovo has improved the ThinkPad’s screen technology this year, combining an improved low blue emission display with Dolby Vision to reduce eye strain and fatigue. Select models feature a 4K OLED screen with TÜV Rheinland tuning support.
Other improvements include an upgraded Lenovo software experience including Lenovo View. It “offers a superior suite of intelligent camera-based features designed to help users unlock the power of their integrated cameras, enhance their video calling experience, and improve security and digital health.” .”
IdeaPads in 2023
Moving from strictly business to Lenovo’s more prosumer options, we have the IdeaPad Pro 5i, IdeaPad Slim 5i and IdeaPad Flex 3i Chromebooks, possibly also with 13th Gen Intel processors, AMD Ryzen 7 7730U chips and larger touchpads. will be
Lenovo is also optimizing the screen and body of the Slim 5 lineup with larger 16-inch offerings that support a 16:10 aspect ratio and the company’s new Dynamic Display Switch, which improves the screen’s refresh rate to 120Hz adjustment. Readjusted proportions. For 100% sRGB and 90$ AAR color calibration.
When it comes to the Flex 3i Chromebook, the main improvement is the larger screen real estate compared to last year’s model. Customers can now enjoy all that ChromeOS has to offer on a 12.2-inch screen with a 16:10 panel capable of delivering 300 nits of brightness.
Unfortunately for Chromebook enthusiasts, Lenovo continues to perpetuate the bottom-of-the-barrel specs conversation by only packing 8GB of LPDDR5 chips alongside 64GB and 128GB of eMMC storage. , the Flex 3i can sustain up to 12 hours of battery life.
Lenovo is bringing a new Android tablet to market, selling alongside Chromebook Duet devices in the Lenovo Smart Tab M9.
The new 9-inch LCD tablet has a resolution of 1340 x 800, which equates to 176 PPi for pixel peepers. The tablet is aiming for his 2023 release and will come with Android 12, but can be upgraded to Android 13 once it’s available.
Whether in Artic Gray or Frost Blue, customers use tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab with up to 4GB of memory and up to 128GB of storage running the latest MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor.
Unfortunately, Lenovo will follow Microsoft in selling the Folio Case, which includes the keyboard and touchpad separately.
idea center mini
For those interested in stationary computing, Lenovo offers the IdeaCentre Mini, a sleek little box with an internal power supply (PSU) and sports processor, two DDR4 memory chips, up to 1TB of SSD storage8, We ship both Wi-Fi. Enough ports with 6 connections and Type-C Thunderbolt 4.0.
Lenovo this year introduced the plug-and-play Lenovo 500 USB Type-C Universal Dock, which can now support up to 4K monitors and faster data transfers, a 4K monitor, desk, light and Qi wireless charging pad in one.
There’s also a line of PC-connectable monitors, including the ThinkVision VoIP T27hv-30, T24mv-30, and T24v-30, which sport a 5MP camera upgrade with an infrared IR lens, privacy shutter, dual mics, and a 5W speaker.
Remote-enabled Lenovo L27i-40 and L24m-40, 49-inch 4K QHD panoramic ultra-widescreen ThinkVision P49w-30, standard 31.5 4K UHD ThinkVision P32p-30.
US pricing and availability13
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 will be available from April 2023. Pricing will start at $1,729.
- ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 8 will be available from April 2023. Pricing will start at $1859.
- ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 3 will be available from April 2023. Pricing is expected to start at $1649.
- Lenovo Go Desk Station with Webcam will be available from March 2023. Pricing will start at $329.
- Lenovo Go 4K Pro Webcam will be available from March 2023. Pricing will start at $149.99.
- Lenovo Professional Wireless Rechargeable Combo Keyboard and Mouse will be available from January 2023.
Pricing is expected to start at $99.99.
- The ThinkVision P32pz-30 will be available from August 2023. The price will be $1599. The ThinkVision Mini LED P27pz-30 for North America will be priced at a later date, but will be available in Europe in August 2023 for €1699.
- ThinkVision VOIP T27hv-30, T24mv-30 and T24v-30 will be available from May 2023. Pricing is expected to start at $519, $399, and $259 respectively.
- The ThinkVision P32p-30 will be available from April 2023. Pricing will start at $999.
- The ThinkVision P49w-30 will be available from June 2023. Pricing is expected to start at $1699 each.
- The Lenovo L27i-40 and L24m-40 will be available in the third quarter of 2023. Pricing is expected to start at $199 and $219 respectively.
- The IdeaPad Pro 5i (16-inch, 8) with Intel Core processor will start at $1499.99 and will be available in May 2023.
- The IdeaPad Pro 5 (16-inch, 8) with AMD Ryzen processor is not available in North America. It will be available in EMEA.
- The IdeaPad Pro 5i (14-inch, 8) with Intel Core processor is not available in North America. It will be available in EMEA.
- The IdeaPad Pro 5 (14-inch, 8) with AMD Ryzen processor is not available in North America. It will be available in EMEA.
- The IdeaPad Slim 5i (14-inch, 8) with Intel Core processor is not available in North America. It will be sold in EMEA.
- The IdeaPad Slim 5 (14-inch, 8) with AMD Ryzen processor is not available in North America. It will be available in EMEA.
- The IdeaPad Slim 5i (16-inch, 8) with Intel Core processor will start at $749.99 and will be available in May 2023.
- The IdeaPad Slim 5 (16-inch, 8) with AMD Ryzen processors will start at $649.99 and will be available in May 2023.
- The IdeaCentre Mini (1L, 8) will start at $649.99 and will be available in Q2 2023.
- The IdeaPad Flex 3i Chromebook (12-inch, 8) will start at $349.99 and will be available in May 2023.
- The Lenovo Tab M9 will start at $139.99 and will be available in Q2 2023.
- The Lenovo 500 USB Type-C Universal Dock will start at $249.99 and will be available in April 2023.