Apple has a feature that makes searching a little easier called Spotlight Search. Available for all iPhones, iPads, and Macs updated to iOS 8 or later.
What is Spotlight Search?
The purpose of Spotlight Search is to reduce the amount of time you waste searching for a particular app on your phone or looking for a photo you sent to a friend a few weeks ago. Instead, when you type something in Spotlight Search, it scans your entire device for anything related to the term you typed.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH QUICK TIPS, TECH REVIEWS, SECURITY ALERTS AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO BE SMARTER
Spotlight search lets you search for music, contacts, email, weather, calendars, maps, news, and more. You can even bring in external results from the Internet or the App Store. Or you want to do a simple formula, currency conversion, measurement conversion, or temperature conversion. If so, Spotlight Search will instantly give you the answers you’re looking for.
How to change font size on iPhone
Why is Spotlight search better than searching in specific apps?
Spotlight Search finally gets you more content and gives you all the options you need on one page instead of opening multiple different apps to search for something. Suppose you want to listen to the song “Piano Man”.
You can type ‘Billy Joel ‘Piano Man” into the spotlight search. Get more out of your search with tabs to go directly to songs on Apple Music, his website with links to his music, his videos, and his Wikipedia page to his song history can.
How to prevent mobile phone failure
How to open Spotlight search on your iPhone or iPad
If you have the iOS 16 or later update:
- It can be accessed by swiping down from the center of the home screen
- Click on the search circle Appears on the first page of the Home screen, just above the Phone, Mail, Safari, and Apple Music apps (sometimes shown as a few horizontal dots). This will automatically open Spotlight Search.
Which apps are draining your phone’s battery?
If you’re using the iOS 15 or lower update:
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad To display the home screen
- swipe left From the first page of the home screen, search window.
Why Green and Orange Dots on Cell Phones Indicate Someone is Listening or Seeing
How to open Spotlight search on Mac
- See the top bar across your Mac’s home screen (Where the Apple icon, File, Edit, and other options are)
- To the right of the bar next to the Wi-Fi icon, magnifying glass iconClick it to open Spotlight search.
Note: Instructions may vary by model
How to remove location information from photos
How to change search settings on Apple devices
You can change your search settings to limit the apps and results you see while searching. Method is as follows.
- go to Configuration and tap Siri & Search
- Scroll down and select Apps
Let us know what you like about this new Apple Search feature. We look forward to hearing from you.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
For more Apple tips, visit CyberGuy.com, click the magnifying glass at the top of my website, and search for “Apple.” Subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. Articles and content on CyberGuy.com may contain affiliate links that earn a commission on purchases.