While Zoom has grown in popularity nationally and globally, FaceTime remains one of the most popular ways to video chat. But he might have thought he couldn’t FaceTime with friends or relatives if he didn’t have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH QUICK TIPS, TECH REVIEWS, SECURITY ALERTS AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO BE SMARTER
The good news for Android and Windows users is that you can actually join FaceTime calls without an Apple device! Read on to find out how.
How to use FaceTime on Android or PC
The biggest caveat here is that you can’t initiate FaceTime calls on Android or PC. You will need an Android or Windows device (one with a camera). You should have a good Wi-Fi connection and make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge installed on your device. .
Step 1: Have an Apple user create a FaceTime link
To use FaceTime, another person with an iPhone or iPad must initiate a FaceTime call. You will then be sent a link to join. Links can be run in a browser (using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge). Here’s how her Apple user with FaceTime created the link.
· Make sure you have iOS 15 or later installed (it should be installed, if not, update your software!) or macOS Monterey.
· Open the FaceTime app (this is different from the Phone app)
・Tap “Create Link”
·[名前を追加]You can name the call or meeting by tapping
· You can then send the link in a text message to someone with an Android or Windows device, or send the link via another app such as email.
・You can also copy the link and send it in another way
Step 2: Join a FaceTime call from your Android or Windows device
Once a link is created by someone you know with an Apple device, you can share it via text, email, or whatever method you choose.
Make sure the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge is installed on your device
· Click a link sent to FaceTime by an Apple user.
・Enter your name and tap “Continue”
· Your device may (and should) ask for permission to use your camera and microphone.
·[参加]to allow Apple users to join FaceTime calls
· When finished,[退出]to end the FaceTime call on your side
For more of my Apple tips, visit CyberGuy.com and search for “Apple”.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
For more Android tips, visit CyberGuy.com and search for “Android”.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. Articles and content on CyberGuy.com may contain affiliate links that earn a commission on purchases.