Google It came as a shock after Indian antitrust authorities called for changes to its sales method. android The system powers 97% of smartphones in the world’s second largest mobile market.
As the January 19th deadline approaches, USfirm tells the Supreme Court, Competition Commission of India (CCIMore), which they argue risks stalling the growth of the Android ecosystem in the country.
Google licenses the system to smartphone makers, but its restrictions have been criticized for being anti-competitive. USfirm says Android offers more choice for everyone and such pacts help keep the operating system free.
Google says the CCI-mandated changes will bring about the most sweeping changes to the Android mobile platform in the last 14-15 years.
The agency’s 10 directives are:
- Google should not be allowed to obtain that license play storeprovided that the device manufacturer pre-installs a Google app such as YouTube, the user downloads the mobile app from there. Gmail or chromium browser.
- Google should not force device manufacturers to pre-install or determine the placement of many apps.
- Google should refrain from entering into agreements guaranteeing exclusivity for search services on smart devices.
- Google shouldn’t restrict smartphone users from removing pre-installed stuff. google mapGmail and Youtube are currently provided pre-installed and cannot be removed from Android phones.
- Google should allow users to choose which search engine they prefer for all related services when they first set up their phone.
- Google should not ban “sideloading” or downloading apps in India without using the app store.
- Google must allow third-party app stores to be hosted on Google’s Play Store.
- Competitors and app developers should not be denied access to the programming interfaces of Google Play Services, the underlying software system of Android devices. The directive aims to ensure compatibility between Play Store apps and third-party app stores based on Android variants, antitrust officials said.
- Google may not encourage or require manufacturers not to sell smart devices based on variants of Android.
- CCI told Google that makers of Android smartphones are tv set Based on a modified version of Android.