The Series 8 is the latest version of Apple Watch, which first appeared in 2015, replacing the previous generation Apple Watch Series 7.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH QUICK TIPS, TECH REVIEWS, SECURITY ALERTS AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO BE SMARTER
The latest version has great features like crash detection and temperature sensors. But here’s the big question Donna from Lake Charles, Louisiana wrote to me:
“Our 30-year-old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 24. I would like to buy her a new Apple Watch, but I’m not sure about the technology. Series Is there enough difference between 7 and Series 7?8 Will she notice?”
How to unlock Android devices and Windows PCs when the owner dies
What’s the difference between Apple Watch Series 7 and Series 8?
First of all, it’s important to note that following the launch of the Apple Watch Series 8, the company has discontinued the Apple Watch Series 7.
Therefore, you should purchase a Series 7 from a reseller.
This makes one pressing difference. It is likely that prices will continue to fall. But is this discounted price worth overlooking the additions and improvements to the Series 8? Or are these changes significant enough to make us reconsider? I would like to compare them side by side.
The Series 7’s display is a significant improvement over the Series 6’s, but the Series 8’s display isn’t much different. Both models have the following characteristics:
- 41-45mm face
- dust screen
The only notable change is the color selection available. Series 8 aluminum models are available in the following models:
- starlight silver
- product red
Stainless Series 8 models are also available in the following models:
Like the stainless steel series 7, the stainless steel series 8 does not have blue and red options.
How to unlock an Apple device when the owner dies
Battery life and storage
- battery life
promoted as one of the highest attributes of series 8 In low power mode, the watch has a battery life of 36 hours. Series 7 Users who download WatchOS 9 software will also get extended battery life. The Series 7 and 8 have an estimated 18 hours of battery life when not in a low power mode that limits certain features.
- promoted as one of the highest attributes of series 8 The watch has a battery life of 36 hours in low power mode.
- however, Series 7 Users who download WatchOS 9 software will also get extended battery life.
- The Series 7 and 8 have an estimated 18 hours of battery life when not in a low power mode that limits certain features.
- depositorySeries 7 and Series 8 have 32 GB of storage.
- Series 7 and Series 8 have 32 GB of storage.
Health and safety features
With her daughter’s health and safety in mind, Donna, who wrote to me, was most concerned with the differences in health and safety features between the newer and older models. Both of the 8 have useful features for diabetics, such as the ability to track your daily activity level and set reminders to take your medication.
Additional health and safety features you should be aware of include:
- Both Series 7 and Series 8 now have fall detection, emergency SOS, and a gyroscope.
- What we see in the Series 8 instead of the Series 7, however, are a blood oxygen sensor and two new temperature sensors, one near the skin and one inside the display.
- In addition to monitoring body temperature 24 hours a day, temperature sensors also help women track their menstrual cycles and send alerts if any abnormalities are detected.
- Another new feature now unique to the Series 8 is the Car Crash Detector. This can not only detect the moment a car crash occurs, but it can also alert emergency services and emergency contacts if there is no response after 10 seconds.
How to quickly edit videos on your mobile phone
Overall, the changes between Series 7 and Series 8 are relatively minor.
If you currently have Series 7 Apple Watch You may want to hold off on upgrading until a newer model with more new features and advancements hits the market.
Get an Apple Watch Series 7
However, first-time Apple Watch buyers, or those who are particularly concerned about health and safety, may consider paying a little extra for a new one. series 8 modelswithout GPS functionality, currently sells for about $399.
Get an Apple Watch Series 8
However, assume these few additions make little difference for you. In that case, you might want to consider saving your money and going for the Series 7, which has very little of what you’ll see in the Series 8.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
For more Apple tips, visit CyberGuy.com, click the magnifying glass at the top of my website, and search for “Apple.” Subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. Articles and content on CyberGuy.com may contain affiliate links that earn a commission on purchases.