whats upWe are working on a “chat transfer” feature.
- This feature allows users to scan QR codes to transfer chats from one device to another.
- Read on to learn more about the features and how they work.
WhatsApp is working on a chat transfer feature that will allow Android users to transfer chats from their old phone to their new phone by scanning a QR code without using Google Drive. This means you don’t need to back up to Google Drive to download to .
According to WAMetaInfo, this feature will give you more control over your chat and message migrations. This feature is currently in development and may be available to users soon in a future update.
This feature can be useful as it does not require an application to initiate the transfer process. Rather, transfer the chat from within the application. Also, you can quickly and easily transfer chats from one device to another.
Director, SMB (India), Meta
good glam group
Educators and content creators
Former SBI Chairman
CEO & Founder Rage Coffee
How it works –
- Open WhatsApp on both Android devices.
- When WhatsApp asks you to move chats from your old phone,[続行]Click.
- Scan the QR code from your old phone to your new phone.
- After scanning, your chat history will start transferring to your new phone.
However, the user may need to accept certain device permissions to initiate the transfer process.
Also, this feature only works on Android devices, it is unknown if it will work on iOS devices in the future.
When will this feature go live?
This feature is currently under development and it is unknown when it will be available to users. We’ll keep you updated as features roll out.
Amazon Republic Day Sale: Offers and Discounts on Winter Essentials You Can’t Miss
The best apps for marathon runners on iPhone and Apple Watch