Preparing for stable launch next month
The beta branch of Android 13 QPR2 got a new bug squashing update. If you have a Pixel 4a or later and are enrolled in the program, you’ll receive over-the-air updates immediately. The new version, Beta 3, addresses many stability issues while also fixing some specific issues that adventurous early adopters and developers may encounter.
The build number of the latest beta release is T2B3.230109.002However, there is no change in security patch level. So it’s still January 2023 for this update. Here is the full list of fixes:
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 changelog:
- Developer-reported issues and user-reported issues
- Fixed an issue where notifications in notification groups would sometimes appear with straight corners instead of rounded corners. (Issue #264287776, Issue #265529116)
- We fixed an issue where the notification shade message indicating an active VPN connection overlaps with the message about apps with active foreground services. (Issue #266075977)
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu was not accessible when editing the quick settings tile. (Issue #263484657)
- Fixed an issue where devices with vibration enabled could vibrate for a long time after receiving a notification. (Issue #239676913)
- Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue where the messaging app could crash or fail to send notifications.
- Fixed a GPU issue that prevented apps from using certain visual effects.
- Fixed an issue where work profile quick settings tiles were not added after setting up a new device.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel Launcher could crash when using the app drawer search bar.
- Fixed an issue where a pattern could not always be used to unlock the device after the Google Assistant was activated.
- Fixed an issue with the com.android.qns system process that could cause crashes.
- Fixed an issue with Pixel Launcher not recognizing Chinese text input when typing in the app drawer search bar.
- After changing the screen orientation, entering and exiting Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode from the app crashed the System Settings app with the message “Settings keeps hanging” and the System Settings app could not be opened. Fixed an issue.
- Fixed a system UI issue that could crash from a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth device connection state may not match the actual device state.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel Launcher would crash when a user tapped a web search suggestion for a query term.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar icon overlaps the date text when font and display settings are set to maximum level on the device.
Apart from the bug fixes mentioned above, the new build also bumps the Google Play Services version from 22.41.13 to 23.03.13.
You can easily download QPR2 Beta 3 yourself. If you don’t know how, check out our guide on how to install Android 13. As mentioned above, if you already have a previous beta, you will receive much smaller incremental updates via OTA.
sauce: Reddit’s Android Beta Program