Good morning everybody. Today is Friday in Reno. I’m back in your inbox to catch up on the most important things happening in our community today.
But first of all, today’s weather.
Plenty of sunshine. High: 46 Low: 21.
🏘️ Looking to differentiate yourself from other Reno Realtors? Partner with Reno Patch to reach a targeted and engaged audience through premium newsletter sponsorships. Click here for more information.
Here are the top three articles from Reno today:
- Amazon Donated a total of 45 laptops to two schools in Washoe County on Thursday. the laptop Support STEM programs at Lemon Valley Elementary School and Washoe Inspire Academy. (FoxReno.com)
- reno base Clear Capital continued layoffs on thursday a further 250 employees, About a quarter of the staff of real estate appraisers and technical firms. The latest round of this layoff was Second company in the last three months. The CEO quoted Changing housing market and the Need for restructuring as grounds for dismissal. (Reno Gazette-Journal)
- Owner of Lightway Market The City of Reno is fighting back after making a decision Do not renew the liquor license of the market. The city’s decision not to renew its license is part of it Attempts to reduce local crime where the market is.Market owners said the surrounding area’s problems were unfairly attributed to the market, and as a result of losing their liquor license, the market You can lose up to $1,500 each month in earnings. (KRNV)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Reno Patch newsletter is Partially provided by T-MobileT-Mobile has invested billions to build the best network ever, with LTE coverage for 99% of America. This helps keep communities like ours informed and connected. Thanks to T-Mobile for their support and for creating today’s Reno Patch newsletter.
- roller event center employment Members of the part-time administrative crew and the part-time technical crew. check out the link in Position details When Explanation of how to apply Once the position is officially opened. (Nevada Today)
- Crystal Peak Park Verdi’s Way closed for a few weeksThe county has an arborist remove fallen tree branches The park is no longer accessible and the county wants it Residents avoid parks until reopening(KRNV)
- Valentine’s Day is coming soon, which means Delivery of Puppy Rose is back! Register Now Volunteers and puppies deliver long-stemmed roses and personal messages To someone who has meaning in your life! Fundraiser proceeds go to his SPCA in Northern Nevada. (SPCA in Northern Nevada via Facebook)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
Ready to leave this Friday. See you early tomorrow morning with a new update.
— Miranda Frarraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a staff writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. She graduated from the University of Rhode Island with degrees in Writing, Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, drinking tea and practicing film photography.